Thursday 28 May 2009

A-tea-tude Problem

Has it really been a month already, since I last made a blog post? I had been meaning to get around to it at some point, but I must have forgotten. Well, since I last updated the blog, the site has been pretty busy and there have been several bloggable points. I won't mention them all, because that would be spoiling you too much and you probably don't want to read a tome of a post, so I'll whittle it down to the more memorable moments on the park over the past few weeks.

It was half an hour before opening up time, so I was still wandering around the park in a daze, trying to find things to do to pass the time, when I heard a small argument taking place nearby. I could see from where I was that it involved a member of staff, so I decided to let them argue it out. After waiting about five minutes, I ventured round to open up the first amenities block, when I was stopped by a female.

"Excuse me, are you the warden?"
"Yes, is there a problem?"

I could tell by the location of the argument and the fact that there was nobody else awake at that time of the morning, that this was the person who had decided to pick a fight with a member of staff.

"Does that guy (pointing in the direction of a nearby caravan) work here?"
"Yes, he does."
"Right, well I want his name. I'm going to make a complaint about him."
"What seems to be the problem?"
"I was up early, because I couldn't sleep, so I decided to make a cup of tea. I was trying to find my teabags and milk in the car, and then this guy shouted at us."

It turns out that when I heard the first argument take place, that's when the member of staff had decided to shout at her for waking him up. Despite the fact that this staffer is known to sleep with earplugs in. So the female decided to confront him, to find out what his problem was.

When the female told me what the staffer had said to her, that he had come back at around 2am (remember this, it's important later) and was trying to sleep, as he had work in the morning. The female then told me that she thought she heard a female's voice inside the caravan, I tried not to laugh at this point, but when she said,

"Maybe he picked up an old tart in town and she wasn't giving him any. He's got an attitude problem."
"Well, to be honest, he's not the most cheerful of people at this time of the morning."

I had to try my hardest to stifle a chuckle. Shortly after finishing our conversation, I went to open up the amenities building, laughing heartily on the inside.

Just around clocking-off time, I spoke to the manager and warned him of the possible approach of a venomous Glaswegian with a complaint against a member of staff and that she wasn't happy at all. As I walked back around to chat to the day staff, the staffer came out of his caravan and walked past the two females. I only heard one side of the conversation, his.

"You shouldn't be on a campsite anyway"
(Raised voice)"Ya bastards!"

When he walked over, he started talking to me and asking if there were any problems during the night. I gave a brief recap of the events, to which he replied,

"I heard a group coming back, just before one, very noisy crowd. Any hassle with them?"

So, despite the fact that he told the two females he was out partying until two in the morning, he was, in fact, trying to sleep.

When I retold the story to one of the senior wardens, he laughed,

"The only 'old tart' he'll be getting, is an out-of-date bakewell tart from Tesco's."

Yes, there may be many things that he is, but a big spender, he is not. He is well known for heading off to the local supermarket, just before closing time, or even first thing in the morning, to see what bargains he can pick up.

I apologise for the lack of posts, I've been trying to catch up with countless other things, as well as try to get some sleep. I shall make more of an effort in the future, now that the busy season is starting to kick off.

1 comment:

James (UK) said...

Don't worry about the lack of posts. We've all got you saved away in our feed readers. ;-)

I did laugh at the Bakewell tart line!

Good to see you back (again, sort of!)!