Sunday 15 July 2007

Angry & abusive

A fairly quiet trades fair weekend by all accounts, apart from one tent who were persistent in making a noise. Much to the displeasure of their neighbours.

Only a handful of taxis returned from town, even at that they were fairly early on to cause much of a disturbance. There was one tent who I spoke to on two occasions and Archie, also on two occasions. The way I like to run the park is on a three strike rule. If I have to come to you three times within an hour, then I'll be submitting a report requesting a "De-book." Basically, that means if you want to stay in our company again then it's too bad. I've already suggested that you don't have the option to re-book back into our system. If I have to return to your tent/caravan/motor home a fourth (or more) time, then I'll be dragging Alex out of bed to have a quiet word in your ear.

That's exactly what I had to do for one particular tent last night. I spoke to the occupants twice and so did Archie. Only, the second time he spoke to them he got a mouthful of abuse from an inebriated male within the tent. Working as a team, I told him to give them ten to fifteen minutes to quieten down before returning to the tent.

After the fifteen minutes were up, we both approached the tent and the gentleman was still talking loudly. This already merits a report and I could tell by the tone of conversation, and the fresh can of lager being opened, that the occupants weren't planning on going to bed anytime soon. I called Alex, who had just went to bed and dozed off, to come out and have a quiet word in their ear.

Sadly, I was speaking to some punters at the entrance before making my way to the pitch. I'd missed all the action. But apparently, they weren't happy about the situation. They'd already been spoken to by reception regarding the noise that day.

Mr. TV-Man

Now, I'm no spoiler-of-fun, but when the rules clearly state that you can't operate TVs or radios within the quiet period, and you blatantly do so. Then you're just going to have me coming back to you repeatedly during the night.

This male was camped up on an electric pitch, so he had the comforts of home whilst away. The prior two evenings I had spoken to this gent about the level of noise emitting from his TV and asked him to turn it off. He didn't, he merely turned the volume down and kept it very low until he went to bed. I was happy with this, as I knew he wasn't going to be any hassle. However, when Archie told him to switch it off, the gent became angry.

"*hushed tone* Excuse me, Sir. Can you turn the television off please?"
"*nigh-on shouting* I'm just watching 'Happy Hour', I'll turn it down when it's finished."

By this point I was almost in stitches, so I walked off to continue my route around the park.

As far as I am aware, Mr TV-man wasn't best pleased and Archie had to return to his abode on several occasions to ask him to turn the TV down. By the end of the night, it had sufficient strikes to merit a report. Mr TV-man wasn't happy and said that he'd be speaking to reception and that he had "a lot of contacts on the Internet" and that "he'd make sure the park got a bad reputation." Yes, another set of false-fronted accusations. None of which will ever come to light.

No comments: