Monday 16 July 2007

Car Radios and Outdated Tickets. . .

. . . are enough to warrant reports.

Another quiet night on the park. Alex got a full night's sleep for once and everything went well. Mr TV-man (from the previous post) was very compliant and had his TV off before we could ask him to turn it off. He also left his sat-nav system switched on (plugged into the cigarette lighter) all night. . . Karma, anyone?

Nothing unusual, apart from a group of teens drinking bourbon and lager until the small hours. They went to bed just shy of their fourth strike warning. As I'm off tonight, and they are staying until Tuesday, I can only assume that Archie will be submitting a report and a "De-book" request with their name on it tonight.

I had one Vauxhall Vectra, whose car radio kept switching itself on at random intervals throughout the night. I can only guess that there is a fault somewhere with Vectra's. Although I guess it could be that the owner left the "traffic" button on and every time a traffic report was due it switched itself on. Just a thought about that.

A family from Glasgow, also in the same field as the Vectra, were making a lot of noise until the small hours. Although Archie was reluctant to write a report about them, at first light he spotted that their displayed ticket was outdated. I managed to convince him that that would warrant a report on it's own.

It has to be said that my reports were far less interesting than usual. Aside from the random Vauxhall radio system, I reported a handful of cars for parking on the grass. I was in that kind of mood, partly because I was doing my job with astute vigour or maybe due to the fact that I was off today and had a bit of a maverick moment.

Aside from all the fun and games on the park, I was speaking to a Police friend of mine who let me know that this guy, had a report submitted to the courts. Even though the case probably won't call against him (ie. he'll plead guilty and justice will be served.) I've to expect the usual court documents to pop through my letterbox soon. I've noticed that, especially in this town, the Police don't hand deliver court summons to witnesses anymore, they are sent out in the post. Anyone know why this is?

No comments: