Monday 23 July 2007

Free Drugs

I'll admit it, I was wrong. I shot myself in the foot in the last blog posting, by saying that Sunday nights are generally very quiet. On the contrary, last night was fairly busy.

During the course of the night, myself and Archie were offered the following items:

  • A bottle of Magners cider for when we finished. (Politely declined as the bottle was already opened.)
  • Free "quality" drugs, I think it was cannabis. (Politely declined, as I don't do that sort of thing.)
  • A look at a rather loud Glaswegian females vagina in the toilets. (As far as I know, Archie declined this offer, reasons fairly obvious)
The first group of people we spoke to were being very loud, and that was before the silence policy had even started.

As we locked up the two main blocks and closed the gate, we weren't expecting a busy night. Apart from having to return to one group in particular on several occasions, the night was pretty quiet.

Before I go on my mid-morning tea-break, I always walk around the entire site just to make sure that everyone is in their accommodation and fast asleep. If not, then they'll be getting a severe ear-bashing from myself. As I walked into one field I heard, what I thought to be, a female giggling uncontrollably. I sourced the tent in question and walked briskly over to it. It turns out it was two Polish males, one in the tent and the other was in the process of getting into the tent. I spoke to the latter,

"Excuse me Sir. It's half three in the morning, people are trying to sleep. You have five minutes to get in your tent and be silent. Otherwise you will be leaving the site NOW."

I walked away from the tent and gave them the five minutes I had promised them. Strangely enough, people listen to me when I am being authoritative. Then and only then.

A quick break later and it's time to brush the toilets and replenish the stocks of toilet roll which have been used since the day staff filled them up at 7.30pm the previous evening. In one particular toilet block, someone has taken to locking the doors of the cubicles from the inside and crawling underneath the partition walls. It's never one door at a time though, it's always half a dozen or so. It's happened for the previous two evenings, and it was starting to get annoying. Archie volunteered his services to crawl underneath the partition walls to unlock them.

After that, it was almost time to finish up, open everything back up again, go home and do it all again at night.

No comments: