Thursday 23 August 2007

Some Advice

OK, I'd like to give some advice based on a scenario I found myself in last night and to anyone who may try to do this and get away with it in future on my site.

It states quite clearly in the welcome pack you are given, by the lovely receptionists (Nope, they didn't pay me to say that about them. I value all the staff there, with no exceptions. . .), when you arrive that open fires and fires/barbeque's of any description (other than charcoal) are strictly not allowed.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't do any of the following when I ask you to put it out:
  • Pretend you haven't seen me standing next to your barbeque. I'm wearing a hi-visibility jacket, how difficult is it not to see me?
  • When I ask you to extinguish the fire, the correct answer is not, "We're just going to let it burn out."
  • When I politely remind you that you've been spoken to on several occasions about putting wood on the fire, don't tell me you haven't. I was there, I know what was said.
  • Don't question why I am standing there after you have said you'd put the fire out and then not move. I'm waiting for you to walk across to the tap to fill up a bottle of water to put it out.
One group did everything above last night when I spoke to them. Let's hope they didn't lie to Alex when he went round to speak to them this morning.

On a side note, I haven't seen the receptionist that Archie reckons has a fancy for me lately. I hope she hasn't left the company, before I got to know her. I also noticed, when I was in the office this morning, that there was a new receptionist being trained. I don't want to say too much about her at present, but we'll see how things pan out.

That's all for today, back in tonight to see what joys await me.

No comments: