Sunday 19 August 2007

The Calm before the Storm

Friday was unusually quiet this week. Only three taxis came back from the town and all the punters were quiet. I suppose this was helped, somewhat, by the recent rain we've been having. Other than that it was very quiet for a Friday night, has the tourist season really been and gone and we've not noticed it? Things will pick up in about a fortnights time when the area plays host to a large scale event. I'm hoping for one or two little blog snippets when the time comes.

Saturday night was rather quiet also. Archie did manage to put in one report, about a small group of males who came back late on in the evening (I suppose that should be, early on in the morning.) and they were fairly arrogant to me when I passed them at the gate.

Another group of three males came back prior to that and one of them decided to urinate against the fence next to the public footpath. I did my best trying to gain his attention, by shouting at him. It wasn't until I was stood less than six foot away from him shining my torch at him, that I managed to attract his attention. I reminded him that there was a toilet block a few hundred yards away from him, and as he was heading in that direction anyway, he could use that. Nevertheless, he decided to finish what he was doing and walk off. I radioed Archie and gave him a description of the group and asked him to find out which tent they were heading to. Later in the morning, as I was checking the grounds, I checked their ticket and it had the 19th August written on it, so I didn't bother submitting a report about them.

It's Sunday evening, as I write this entry, and judging by the current weather conditions, it looks like it'll be a busy night. The sky is almost entirely blue, with only a wisp of a cloud every now and then. I doubt that there won't be a few late night drinkers and fires on the site tonight.

We shall see.

No comments: