Friday 14 September 2007

Nothing really happens

...nothing happens at all, and the needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before." - Del Amitri

I think last night was an interesting one, but more on that at a later date. It was a quiet evening on the site, well it was when I arrived, slightly later than usual but it was all above board. The first thing I noticed was that the building alarm was sounding inside, so I had to call Alex out to reset it. It was very quiet all night with absolutely nothing to report. Well, there was one thing. . .

I noticed last night that the owls were a lot quieter than usual. I thought maybe it was due to the fact that it was rather windy and I either couldn't hear them or they had been blown off course and weren't on the site. I found out the reason at around half seven this morning, as I was doing my usual routine of walking around the grounds, I discovered an owl (deceased) lying in an awkward position, in amongst a pile of branches, under a tree. That would explain the sudden silence then!

Back in tonight, and I do believe I will be finding out what will happen to both myself and Archie now that the season has died down slightly. I shall endeavour to keep you posted.

No comments: