Thursday 13 September 2007

She's gone...

...and I'm a broken man. Yes, the sad news of which I spoke in the last post has finally come. She left yesterday morning and I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. I'm a broken man. Maybe it's due to the fact that I now have man-flu and I'm trying to milk it for everything it's worth.

Last night was a very quiet night compared to the weekend. The mass exodus of people have left the area and it's just the usual crowd that's in. Good news for the day shift though, I noticed, as it gives them plenty of opportunity to carry out essential pitch repairs. There are a lot of signs out asking people not to pitch in certain areas of the park.

I did have to call Alex out at just after midnight last night, I had spoken to a group who had their radio on and were talking loudly. I had to ask them to turn the radio off twice and to quieten down three times. The third time I paid them a visit, two of the males and one of the females were urinating in the trees. All season and I've had a few piss-takers, but never a female one. Luckily I was distracted talking to the male by the time I turned my attention to the person hanging around the treeline. I shone the torch on them and saw them pull up their trousers and apologise in a feminine voice. I didn't know where to look.

Alex appeared at the office door last night, just as I was about to set off on my rounds and informed me that Archie wasn't going to the annual staff night out and he practically begged me to go. Naturally I was very suspicious, I'm a night warden it's in the contract, but agreed to show face before heading off to work. Yes, they happened to plan the night out when I was on shift. Although Alex has said that he'll "make it up to me." How? Well, I didn't want to ask there and then. So we'll see what tricks he has up his sleeve.

No comments: