Monday 6 August 2007

Free Alcohol

The last time I was offered anything free on the site, it was illegal. This time, it was all legitimate.

The past few nights I have been taking no prisoners on the site. It's been a fairly quiet couple of days, which isn't a good sign for this time of the year, as the season is well and truly into the high point.

When I was walking around the site with Archie, I noticed a couple of cars parked up on the grass, directly opposite the sign which requests that punters shouldn't. I realised that two of the three tents were still awake and I asked them to move their vehicles into the parking bays supplied. Normally people would put up a fuss and say that there were no signs saying that they can't park on the grass. Despite the fact that everyone else around them has parked in the designated parking bays. The night wore on and nothing else of note happened.

Saturday night, however, was a bit of a mixed bag to be honest. Alex radioed me as usual and told me that there was nothing to report and that the punters we had on the site were a decent crowd.

A few taxi's came back from the town and they all retired to their respective tents/caravans without so much as a whisper. At around quarter to three, I heard a lot of noise coming from the main entrance, so I radioed Archie and asked him to rendezvous at the gate. There were four males, all drunk and making a lot of noise, asking if they could pitch their tent in the park. I told him that due to the time and the fact that the park was pretty full (a lie) we couldn't take them. I did tell them of the car park five minutes down the road where they could pitch their tent for the evening. It's about a five-ten minute walk sober, if you're drunk then it's a good half an hour's stagger away. One of the males confirmed that they were all drunk and they were all over the legal limit. I told them again, it's only about a five minute walk. The male who was talking to myself, informed me previously that they weren't planning on sneaking onto the park, but would I mind retrieving his tent which he had thrown over the hedge. Now, if that's not sneaking onto the park, I don't know what is.

After about five minutes of milling around in the car park, one of the vehicles started up. It then proceeded to drive off down the road. There was a five second delay between the car leaving the car park and myself calling the Police. I only did this because the road to the town is a private, unclassified, road owned by the company. I didn't want to be driving home in the morning and find a car off the road.

I walked down to the car park to check that no one was sleeping in the other car and to see if they had left any mess behind. I was quite surprised by what I did find though. A two-litre bottle of Coke and a bottle of Jack Daniels, both of which were unopened. Luckily for me, I had two days off coming up and a free bottle of Jack Daniels to keep me company.

Back to work on Wednesday and it looks set to be another quiet week. Well, we can but hope, can't we?

No comments: