Friday 10 August 2007

On the final strike. . .

Well, it was a fairly quiet night last night, I only put in one report, and even at that the page wasn't full.

I had a fairly long (20 minutes) chat with Alex last night about the following:
  • Court reports
  • Archie
  • The gate
  • and what will happen toward the end of the season.
The court reports were about this guy and another incident which happened before I started my shift, when Alex lost a shirt. Well, he didn't lose it, the arrested male ripped it, so he wasn't best pleased.

Archie, who isn't Alex's "best friend" at the present moment, was the subject of a fairly lengthy discussion about what may/may not happen to him toward the end of the season. I'd write about it here, but some of the predicaments he has found himself in recently are pretty specific, and as I'd like to keep a certain degree of anonymity in this blog, I'll not be saying anything more about it. Unless I get this blog published (which is highly unlikely) then you'll just have to keep wondering about it until then.

Alex has never been keen about locking the gate during the night, especially on weekday nights when there is generally only one night warden around. At the weekends (specifically Friday and Saturday nights) there is a lot more traffic coming back to the site after eleven o'clock, so it makes sense to secure the gate in a way which discourages people from entering the site unbeknown to us. This happened the other night when Archie was on, someone opened the gate, drove through the park and pitched their tent. Quite how Archie didn't spot them, I don't know. But let's just say that due to the barrage of complaints which was received at Reception the next day, he's not exactly 'flavour of the month' with Alex. But, I digress. Alex and I have come up with an ingenious solution to the gate problems. I can't say too much about it, but you may find yourself on my site and realise there is a way onto the park outwith operating hours (11pm - 6am). As long as you do it when I'm not on shift, that's perfectly OK with me.

It's midway through August now, so the end of the tourist season is just around the corner. Well, once we've dealt with a major tourist attraction which is coming our way shortly (and will provide me with a major blog-fest when it happens.) the season will take a serious nosedive. Alex discussed with me what options are available to him for when the time comes. Let's just say that the roulette wheel spins in my favour at the current moment. That's if Archie doesn't manage to get himself fired beforehand.

On other news, I only had to speak to one German male last night for urinating against a hedge, directly opposite the toilet block. I've also added a new link to the blog roll, go check them out (click here)!

No comments: