Thursday 30 August 2007

Tumbleweeds and an eerie silence

It was like something out of a vintage western film. With the added bonus of some rain early on in the evening.

When I arrived, the whole park was bustling with activity, even though the reception was closed. I was seriously expecting it to be a busy night, I couldn't have been further from the truth.

Archie left a note in my locker about some guitar-toting punters. Fortunately they had left/been kicked off the site by Alex prior to my arrival.

I set off around the site at the usual time, and there was still a number of people wandering around and cars heading back onto the site for the night. By eleven, everything had quietened down, with the odd exception. This time next week will be a completely different story.

I only had to speak to two tents who were talking a bit too loudly. They apologised and were genuine about the situation. At around half past one in the morning, a small troop of Irish teens came back from the pub. They were making a lot of noise, so when I spoke to them I told them that if I had to speak to them again, they would be leaving the park tonight. I stood close to their tents and watched them like a hawk. Surprisingly, they quietened down pretty soon when they realised I wasn't going to leave them alone. I did, once I heard the snores emitting from the tents.

Other than that, all was quiet. Most of the tickets had today's date on them, so I'd be surprised if the park is busy tonight, I could be wrong though, but I hope not.

No comments: